Monday 1 February 2010

Minty Goodness

My Gran has been asking me how the cupcakes have been coming along... she was admiring my Hummingbird Bakery cookbook over Christmas!  As I knew I would be catching up with her over the weekend, I thought I would have another stab at them and see if I could improve on my previous attempts! 

This time we went with the Mint Chocolate Cup variety and I'm feeling pretty happy with the outcome!  I made the standard Hummingbird Chocolate cupcakes, but added some peppermint extract to the mixture and then the frosting had green food colouring along with some more peppermint extract.  As a finsishing touch I added a chocolate button! The mint has a great kick and really compliments the chocolate - I was impressed and so was Gran and considering her years of expert baking, I felt pretty chuffed!  I still can't get the mixture to rise to the top of the cases, but there is an improvement each time I make them, so long may that contine!  I think I'm going to invest it a piping set for the icing, so we'll see how that works out!

1 comment:

  1. Saw your blog title and HAD to stop by, even though it made my stomach lurch: I'm leaving the 20 zone soon, too!

    These cupcakes look delicious...

    ReplyDelete