Sunday 7 February 2010

It's going to be one swell party

I thought it was about time to start planning my birthday party!  I've never been one for organising a big party, but this time I plan to celebrate big time!  You don't turn 30 every day do you!?  I really wanted to have a theme, so everyone can get dressed up and go to town stylewise!  So, after much consideration I've gone with a "Mad Men" theme!

Rather than send out a generic facebook e-vite, I wanted to make the the invitation much more personal!  I did have big grand plans to make the whole thing up on photoshop, but time just isn't on my side and the wonder of Etsy came to my rescue!  The amazing Angela at Paisley Prints Etc created the below invitation for me, she has two fab Mad Mad styles that can be customised to suit you!  I purchased on Wednesday afternoon and by Friday morning she had emailed me the finished jpeg!  She will even arrange the invitation to be printed should you require!  This is why I love the internet, isn't it great that someone across the other side of the world, someone that you have never even met, can help you out in such a unique and special way!

(designed and created by PaisleyPrintsEtc)

 
I have reserved an area in The Peacock Bar in Clapham Junction, it has a great look and I can really imagine us all dressed up to the nines, sipping cocktails and dancing the night away! The bar has great cabaret entertainment at the beginning of the evening and then a DJ hits the decks until 2am!


 (Photos from The Peacock Bar)

Next stage is planning my outfit!

Have a great week! xx

3 comments:

  1. So chic - that's the way to throw a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peacock bar looks fab! Think I'll try it out this weeknd! Good luck planning the outfit! let us know how it turns out! x LZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Peakcock is great fun - you'll love it! I'm going to do some Ebay hunting tonight for dresses etc - so I'm bound to do a post on that soon! x

    ReplyDelete