Monday 4 October 2010

Saturday night takeaway

On Saturday night O and I donned our glad rags and headed "Up West" for a night on the tiles!  For his birthday, I had bravely booked us tickets to see Ghost Stories and given that horror is my least favourite genre of film, it's fair to say I was looking forward to it like a hole in the head!  Thankfully, it was great fun and really gets the heart racing and if you get a chance to go, it's well worth it!  

As we exited the theatre, it was raining cats and dogs and all thoughts of wondering up into Soho for food and drinks were over, so we rushed into Gerrard St and settled ourselves down for a slap up Chinese! After stuffing ourselves with too much rich, noodles and roast duck we were ready to be rolled home but the rain was still bucketing it down!  

I was kicking myself that I didn't have my camera, Gerrard St looked like a film set, with the Chinese lanterns bobbing up and down in the rain, hundreds of people rushing about with their umbrellas and the neon signs of all the restaurants calling you into the safety of the indoors!  Just for that moment as we dashed back to the tube in the grotty British rain, it felt like London was sharing the same buzzy energy that exists in Hong Kong!

Image from here

Image from here
Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment