Sunday 9 May 2010

Perfect colour combos

I have an obsession to admit!  I love red shoes.  I have made my way through a number over the years and they have all been very dear to my heart.  My first pair were a pair of towering red leather wedges that were purchased at great expense whilst I was an intern in New York City, I wore them until they could be worn no more and was very sad to see them leave me for shoe heaven. 

My next pair were bought in a favourite shop of mine in NYC - Loehmanns, a store similar to TK Maxx whilst on holiday there in 2003.  This pair were from Miu Miu and and I still dream about them as if they were some urban shoe myth, once again they were worn until they were no longer presentable, probably because I pounded the streets of London come rain or shine in them. My current pair are not quite so upmarket, they are from Next and are a pair of perfect Mary-Janes and alas I think this will be their last summer.  I'm constantly on the look out for a new pair, but haven't seen anything that comes close to replacing them at the moment.

So today whilst catching up on my reader I came across this post on Easy Fashion's blog and I fell in love, not just with the most perfect red shoes, but also the purple socks.   They are just meant to be together and I love the girl's look.  I'm now keen to head out to the shops asap and find myself something in a purple and red combo!


3 comments:

  1. Red shoes make my day! Judy Garland and her ruby slippers in the wizard of oz. Need I say anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Janes are my favorite shoes! Well, Mary Janes and ballet flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love red shoes... and green ones, blue ones, gold ones... Get the picture?!

    ReplyDelete