Sunday 15 May 2011

What's life without condiments?


Given that I'm meant to be on "project glasto skinny", this weekend didn't actually go quite to plan!  Unfortunately, there is only so long a girl can survive on M&S count on us ready meals, and given that I have a BF that doesn't understand the concept of dieting, it was unlikely that I was going to survive the weekend, without some sort of unhealthiness!

We hit Soho in the constant quest for a decent burger in the UK, and came across Byron Hamburgers and they really hit the spot, just the right amount of meat vs greasiness!  I loved the simplicity of the menu, there was no messin', just 6 types of burgers to chose from, including one for our veggie sisters and the classic required sides of fries, coleslaw & onion rings.  Tom Byng the owner has done his upmost the channel the classic American diner, the food was more than a match to my favourite burger spot in NY Corner Bistro and I loved the decor, classic booths, exposed brickwork and some amazing light installations.

After filling our faces with food, I hit the shops to search for some glasto outfits, which are all weather permitting of course!  Found a great midi dress in Vero Modo, which is a store I'd not been into before - I was impressed and loved the dressing rooms!  Which given the pathetic standard you get in some stores (i'm not naming names Zara) is something I always judge a shopping experience on!

Also picked up a great Pradaesque banana print sun dress in H&M, so let's keep our fingers crossed that the sun shines in glasto and I stick so my diet so I can prance about the Somerset fields, safe in the knowledge I won't be taking anyone out with my bingo wings!

Have a lovely week! xxx













2 comments:

  1.  your photos are gorgeous and I love the title of your blog! I'm nearly 30 and I'm speeding up too :D

    come see my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  i was wondering if Byron was any good! sounds like a good day x

    ReplyDelete