Sunday 10 July 2011

Life Changes

So June came and went and if I'm quite honest, looking back at it now, it is all a bit of a blur.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a blur a happiness, but a blur of sadness.  I split up with my boyfriend of nearly 5 years, it was his decision not mine and the last 4 weeks have been the toughest I have ever experienced.

He was my best friend and now my flat that we shared together no longer feels like home....I'm going through so many emotions and questioning how and why this happened but the biggest issue for me is, how do I now adjust to a life path that I didn't expect to be following.

Thank goodness though for friends and family, I really do have the best and without their support I'm not sure how I would have made it through those early dark days.  Your family are there for you no matter what and through their experience guide you through the highs and the lows of life.  My friends have been heroic and are helping me through the tears with hugs, advice and attempted moments of hilarity.

My younger brother gave me the best advice though, he told me to do all the things I have ever wanted to do but was held back from whilst in my relationship or just too lazy to do, because life takes over in other ways.  So on that note, I signed up for a 10k race in September, the race is in Swansea, where I graduated from University 10 years ago.  I also took my first Bikram Yoga class today, if you haven't tried it, then I recommend it.  The list will grow.... I just need to work it out!

Apologies for the miserable nature of the post, I guess it just goes to show that sometimes life isn't 100% rosy.  But as I endlessly say to friends, everything happens for a reason!


xxx

4 comments:

  1. Aw I been through similar, me and my boyfriend of 8 years split about 5 weeks ago, we were not happy for a while and because of the stress of it I couldnt blog much at all. I ended it and I'm glad I did, I have started doing all the things I never did before and I'm also doing race for life (snap) U will be happy again in time and dont apoligise for this post its hardly depressing just life! I hope you bounce back as quickly as possible and good luck on an exciting unwritten future x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words - good for you in doing race for life, it's amazing how empowering running can be! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up hun... sorry my last blog post now seems incredibly insensitive - I guess 2yrs in I can't even come close to understanding how you are feeling but your doing the right thing reclaiming your independence and doing things you always wanted to do - which you are right, are always the first things to be neglected when you share your life with someone else. I'll look forward to hearing your stories of new experiences - don't stop blogging! much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother is very wise.  Take good care of yourself.  Do things you're passionate about.  I am married with two young kid, and though I would not have it any other way I do wish I could live to life's fullest.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete